Workshop helps Peel businesses navigate grants and funding process
It was a full house at the Applying for Grants Workshop on Wednesday 20 July 2022 at Mandurah’s brand new WOTSO WorkSpace.
Twenty-two attendees from a diverse range of Peel businesses and industries received a comprehensive overview of the grants application process, with guidance and support targeted at small and medium enterprises.
This free workshop was delivered by Steve Walker from IPS Business Advisory Services with support from the Peel Development Commission, providing participants with in-depth knowledge to help them effectively seek out grants and capital opportunities and tips on how to put their best applications forward.
Attendees also had the opportunity to ask questions specific to their situations and business needs at this interactive session.
Peel Development Commission CEO, Andrew Ward said the aim of the session was to support local businesses to effectively navigate the application process for grants and capital funding and to help increase capacity to participate successfully in government contracts.
“Workshop participants learned about proven approaches to applying for grants and funding, which at times, can be daunting or time-consuming for business owners. We want Peel businesses to feel empowered to take advantage of opportunities to secure funding that could help scale their businesses.”
“Supporting local businesses to increase their capacity for expansion, take on additional work and build innovation is key to growing the region’s economic resilience and diversity,” Mr Ward said.
Some of the key ideas covered during the workshop included:
- Benefits of funding and using the SMART approach.
- Essentials checklist and project readiness.
- Grants criteria, objectives and managing any challenges.
- Project management considerations, governance, and procurement processes.
- Considering business capacity, timeframes, stakeholder engagement, risk, costings, sustainability, and budget.
- Examples of Regional Economic Development grants and Local Capability Fund recipients.
- Importance of Local Content and benefits to the community.
- Evaluation process and useful tips.
- Other types of funding available.
Grants resources and support for Peel businesses
Round 5 of the Regional Economic Development (RED) Grants program is now open and will close on 24 August 2022. Funding is available for projects that support jobs, expand or diversify industry, develop skills, increase business productivity and attract new investment to the regions. Learn more.
IPS Business Advisory offers free expert advice to small businesses in Peel and the South West with 15 free business advisory sessions available per year. Sessions can take place face-to-face or online and include:
- Solving specific challenges or problems
- Getting sound advice from someone with experience in your field
- Creating a plan to take your business to the next level
- Helping you and your business to identify new growth opportunities.
To book an appointment visit: https://www.ipsbusinessadvisory.com.au/