GroundSwell Regional New Industries Fund
Regional New Industries Fund – GroundSwell Program now open
The State Government is committed to building regional economies that are entrepreneurial, creative and technology-driven to create sustainable job opportunities for regional people.
The State Government’s Regional New Industries Fund will allocate $2.5 million across the nine regions of Western Australia to support venture creation, accelerate small-medium enterprise growth and seed innovation initiatives.
GroundSwell Program Now Open
The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development is calling for expression of interest (EOI) under the new GroundSwell Program, from organisations to run entrepreneurial and technology programs in one or more of the State’s nine regions.
Grants of up to $200,000 are available under this co-investment program.
To support regions to create jobs and build globally competitive and diverse industries, Expressions of Interest (EOI) are sought from organisations that run programs under each of the following two themes:
1. Entrepreneurship programs that deliver regional education, training, mentoring, and resources to students and business founders to test business ideas launch start-ups and grow businesses.
2. Technology programs that support regional SMEs to adopt technologies to streamline internal processes, cut costs and enhance their profitability and competitiveness. Technologies may include additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, data and analytics and software as a service.
This is a fantastic opportunity for our region to support initiatives that build regional innovation, entrepreneurship and technology capability.
What we can support
The types of programs initiatives that could be supported under the GroundSwell Program include (but not limited to):
• Incubators and accelerators
• Entrepreneurial education, mentoring and training
• Business innovation and transformation
• Data and analysis
• Additive manufacturing
• Coding and web-services training
• STEM and research and development programs
Applications are currently open and close Monday, 5:00PM (AWST) 3 August 2020.
Applications for RNIF will be processed via SmartyGrants, an independent, online grant processing portal.
You can also contact the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development for more information at RNIF@dpird.wa.gov.au or call 6552 1860.
For more information or to apply, visit the Regional New Industries Fund website.