Dwellingup Trails & Visitor Centre


Dwellingup has claimed the title of Western Australia’s Top Small Tourism Town in the GWN7 Top Tourism Town Awards.

Winners were announced on Tuesday 4 May during a dinner held as part of the WA Regional Tourism Conference in Geraldton.

According to Shire President Cr. David Bolt, the achievement is a culmination of years of successful collaboration between stakeholders.

“Dwellingup’s transformation, was initiated by the town’s residents several years ago.

“They had a vision, which they voiced through the delivery of a concept plan in 2016 and now in 2021 through a multi-industry enterprise, Dwellingup has become a must-visit trails and adventure destination.

“Collaboration across the community and local business sector, the mountain bike, wider trails and tourism sectors as well as local, state and Australian governments, has attracted considerable investment which through trails and related infrastructure development, is propelling the town toward national and international trails town recognition.

“I especially acknowledge the effort, dedication and support of Dwellingup Community Compact, Hotham Valley Tourist Railway, Dwellingup Community Association Inc., Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions, Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries, Peel Development Commission as well as Member for Canning the Hon. Andrew Hastie MP and Member for Murray-Wellington Mrs. Robyn Clarke MLA.

“I would also like to thank Shire staff particularly the Place and Community Development team as well as everyone who voted.

“We are proud and honoured that Dwellingup has been named the winner of this prestigious award,” Cr. Bolt said.

Murray Valley Trails
Wild at Heart mug

The coveted GWN7 Top Tourism Town Awards recognise towns in Western Australia that demonstrate a strong commitment to encouraging tourism and increasing visitation to their destination.

The public vote made up 70 per cent of the town’s score, with the other 30 per cent decided by a panel of industry judges.

Dwellingup will now go into the national competition for the chance to win the title of Australia’s Top Small Tourism Town.

For more information, visit the Shire of Murray’s website here, and the Wild@Heart website here.