Peel Local Content Advisor
The Peel Local Content Advisor aims to maximise opportunities for local business and industry to supply to the State Government market. That means the Local Content Adviser will be connecting and working with local businesses and State Government Agencies in the Peel region to ensure local business take advantage of opportunities to supply goods and services for State Government-funded projects.
The work of the Local Content Advisor is underpinned by the Western Australian Jobs Act 2017 (Jobs Act) which sets out State Government’s expectations that opportunities for Western Australian businesses and workers are maximised when it comes to delivering government goods and services.
The Western Australian Industry Participation Strategy (WAIPS) is a key component of the Jobs Act, guiding the implementation of this new approach.
The WAIPS will raise awareness of local industry capability and provide information on supply opportunities to local businesses.
The WAIPS will also promote increased apprenticeships, traineeships and job opportunities in Western Australia. As part of WAIPS, from 1 October prospective suppliers of Government contracts will now be required to submit participation plans as part of their tender.
Further information about this initiative is available on WA Industry Link.
The Peel Local Content Advisor aims to:
• Provide advice and support to prospective suppliers in addressing participation plan requirements.
• Enhance the understanding of local SMEs on how to sell to Government either directly or as sub-contractors.
• Engage with lead contractors and suppliers to promote maximum local jobseeker participation.
• Provide regional perspectives and experiences in seeking to compete for government supply opportunities.
• Promote scheduled major upcoming contracts in regional areas for early identification of opportunities to regional industry.
• Promote various assistance programs aimed at enhancing the capability of SMEs as suppliers to the government market.
For further information please contact Tahlia Jones, Local Content Advisor via telephone 08 9535 4140 or email to email@example.com